Shopee is one of the leading e-commerce platforms in the Philippines, and it has become increasingly popular among Filipino online sellers. With its user-friendly interface and various features, it is a great option for those looking to start their own online business. In this article, we will provide a beginner’s guide to selling on Shopee Philippines, including how to set up your account, list your products, and promote your store.
Setting Up Your Account
The first step in selling on Shopee is to set up your account. You can do this by visiting the Shopee website and clicking on the “Sign Up button. You will then be prompted to create an account by providing your email address and creating a password. Once you have confirmed your account, you will be taken to your seller’s dashboard where you can set up your store.
Simply follow the steps below to begin your selling journey.
How do I set up my shop?
1. Create an account on shopee.com and click Sign Up. Sign up by using your mobile number or your existing Facebook, Google, or Apple account.
You will have to add and verify your phone number and email
2. Login to Seller Centre via seller.shopee.ph and select Shop Settings to complete your shop profile
There are 3 main components to your shop’s profile:
1. Shop Name
Choose a distinctive and memorable shop name that reflects your shop and products, while keeping with Shopee’s Shop Naming Guidelines.
2. Images and Videos
Upload up to 5 images and videos to give your shop a strong brand identity.
3. Shop Description
Create a short and succinct description to attract shoppers to your shop. You may include information such as your shop’s history, type of products or chat reply hours. Do not include personal information such as email or phone numbers, or ask shoppers to conduct transactions outside of Shopee. Learn more about Creating your shop description.
How do I verify my mobile number?
Before adding your products, make sure that you have a verified mobile number added in your account to avoid getting your products hidden from the buyers.
1. Click on your account name then click on My Account.
2. Add your mobile number and click on Send Verification Code. You will receive a six-digit verification code on the mobile number provided.
3. Enter the verification code then click Confirm.
How do I set up my pickup address?
1. Go to the Seller Centre and click on My Addresses
2. Click on 1) + Add a new address, 2) Fill up the contact and address details, and 3) Click on Set As Pickup Address.
Listing Your Products
Once your store is set up, you can start listing your products. To do this, go to the “Listing” section of your seller’s dashboard and click on the “Add Product” button. You will then be prompted to provide details about your product, including its name, price, and images. You can also add a product description, specify the shipping options, and set up promotions.
Follow these simple steps on how to upload your first listing on shopee.
How do I create my first listing?
Before creating your listing, review our Prohibited and Restricted Items Policy to ensure that your product can be listed for sale in accordance with Shopee’s Terms and Conditions. Once done, you can start by following these steps.
1. Go to Seller Centre and select My Products
2. Click on + Add a New Product and fill up the product name, category, product attributes and description
3. Upload high resolution and professionally-taken photos of your product
4. Select shipping settings such as weight and parcel size.
Do note that different shipping providers may have different shipping fees or restrictions on parcel size and weight.
How do I ship out my first order?
Once you have received your first order, here’s what you need to do:
- In the Seller Centre, go to My Sales and click on To Ship
- View orders that need to be shipped out in the Ship tab
- Click on Ship to arrange for shipment (Make sure you arrange for the shipment before the stated ship-by date)
- Pack your order in accordance to our Order Packaging Guidelines and attach any required documentation such as the airway bill
- Hand the order over to the logistics provider
Promoting Your Store
Promoting your store is an important part of selling on Shopee. There are several ways to do this, including:
- Using Shopee’s in-app advertising feature: You can use Shopee’s in-app advertising feature to promote your products to a targeted audience. This feature allows you to set a budget and target specific demographics, such as age and location.
- Utilizing social media: Share your shopee store link on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This can help drive traffic to your store and increase sales.
- Participating in Shopee’s promotional events: Shopee regularly holds promotional events, such as flash sales and discounts, that can help increase the visibility for your products.
Customer service is a crucial part of selling on Shopee. When a customer purchases a product from your store, they will receive an email from Shopee with the details of the purchase. It is important to respond promptly to any customer inquiries and to ensure that any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Shipping and Payment
Shopee offers a variety of shipping options for sellers, including standard shipping, express shipping, and free shipping. You can also offer Cash on Delivery (COD) as a payment option for your customers. Shopee also offers a built-in escrow service to protect both the buyer and the seller in the transaction.
In conclusion, Shopee Philippines is a great platform for starting an online business. With its user-friendly interface and various features, it is easy to set up your store, list your products, and promote your store. Additionally, Shopee’s in-app advertising feature, social media integration, and promotional events can help increase the visibility of your products. As an online seller, it is also important to provide excellent customer service and to ensure that your shipping and payment options are reliable. With the right approach, selling on Shopee can be a profitable and enjoyable experience.